Weekly Update 306
I didn't intend for a bunch of this week's vid to be COVID related, but between the breach of an anti-vaxxer website and the (unrelated) social comments directed at our state premier following some pretty simple advice, well, it just kinda turned out that way. But there's more on other breaches too, in particular the alleged Paytm one and the actual Customer.io one.
I'm really looking forward to next week's update, here's a little teaser of what you can expect to hear about then 🤣
- I've updated the Paytm data breach to be flagged as "fabricated" (full thread on the reasons why, it's a tricky one)
- Anti-vax dating site that let people advertise ‘mRNA FREE’ semen left all its user data exposed (😲😳😲)
- I'm genuinely sympathetic to all politicians on any side of the political fence who have to deal with the COVID mess (just read the volume of ridiculous crap they're at the receiving end of)
- We're still seeing the long tail of the Customer.io data breach (protecting against malicious insiders is a hard one)
- Sponsored by: Kolide is an endpoint security solution for teams that want to meet SOC2 compliance goals without sacrificing privacy. Learn more here.