At the meetup I gave a reprise of the talk “ESNext: Proposals to look forward to”, which I had already done at a Full Stack Antwerp meetup, a few months ago.
This talk takes a look at a few of the upcoming ECMAScript features, which will (hopefully) become part of the ECMAScript Language Specification in the near future.
The slides are up on slidr.io, and also embedded below:
- TC39: Info on TC39, what they do, and how they work.
- ESNext Proposal: Field Declarations
- ESNext Proposal: Optional Chaining
- ESNext Proposal: Null Coalescing
- ESNext Proposal: Pipeline Operator
- ESNext Proposal: Dynamic Imports
- ESNext Proposal: Pattern Matching
- ES2015 Refresher: Promises
- ESNext Proposal: Cancellation API
- ESNext Proposal: Function Bind Syntax
- ESNext Proposal: Slice Notation
- ES2019 Feature:
Thanks to the organisers for having me, and thanks to the attendees for coming to see me. I hope you all had fun attending this talk. I know I had making it (and whilst bringing it forward)