For the last months, I’ve been working on an updated version of Designed for Use. It’s now available!
Among many others, the second edition includes the following amazing changes:
- Four totally new, never before seen chapters,[^contrary] bringing the total from 35 to 40![^forty]
- Fixed all of the links![^amazing]
- When ordered directly from the publisher,[^amazon] the print version is now in full color![^technically]
- Fixed spelling errors and other mistakes!
- Fixed images and updated screenshots!
- The table of contents is now actually useful![^toc]
- You can now get the Kindle version directly from Amazon, and have it auto-beamed to your Kindle!
If you own the first edition of the book and bought it from the publisher, you should already have received an eBook of the second edition. If you don’t yet own the book, you can buy it directly from the publisher, or from amazon.com.Buy it Now!
[^contrary]: Contrary to what other people have claimed, the book indeed contains a whole four new chapters! Not just three! [^forty]: But Lukas, I hear you say, that sounds like five new chapters, not just four! True, but I also split one existing chapter into two, so there are four new chapter plus one chapter that turned into two chapters, which I’m not counting, because that would be cheating. [^amazing]: It’s amazing how many of the linked webpages have disappeared in the relatively short time this book has been out. [^amazon]: If you order the cheaper version from Amazon, it’s printed in black and white, though. [^technically]: Technically, the first edition of the book has been available in color for about a year now, so you might already have a color version of the printed book. [^toc]: It contains descriptions of all of the chapters.
If you require a short url to link to this article, please use http://ignco.de/748
But wait, there's more!
Want to read more like this? Buy my book's second edition! Designed for Use: Create Usable Interfaces for Applications and the Web is now available DRM-free directly from The Pragmatic Programmers. Or you can get it on Amazon, where it's also available in Chinese and Japanese.