This week, the upcoming Symfony 4.3 version deprecated the Role and SwitchUserRole classes. In addition, a new component to compose MIME messages and a new HttpClient component were introduced. Lastly, the SymfonyLive Brasil 2019 conference opened its Call for Papers and its registrations.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 16 pull requests were merged (13 in code and 3 in docs) and 51 issues were closed (47 in code and 4 in docs). Excluding merges, 15 authors made 9,077 additions and 520 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- bb90359: [HttpKernel] fixed the merging of cache directives in HttpCache/ResponseCacheStrategy
- c8d6dec: [Validator] updated the Latvian translations
- 3af6406: [Security] removed non-existing parameters for LogoutUrlGenerator calls
- e73f70a: [FrameworkBundle] removed eval() from KernelShutdownOnTearDownTrait
- 675c458: [WebProfilerBundle] fixed long route name visibility in debug toolbar
- d2e9a70: [Security] deprecated the Role and SwitchUserRole classes
- 91c5b14: [WebProfilerBundle] fixed row update on finish ajax request
- 9d578bd: Introduced a new MIME component
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC] Add middleware to pass the request context through a Messenger transport
- Support boolean parameters in Route condition
- Make credentials accessible in AuthenticatorInterface#createAuthenticatedToken()
They talked about us
- Symfony and API Platform get “push” and real-time capabilities (Mercure protocol)
- Doctrine and Generated Columns
- Symfony, a small introduction
- How to Upgrade Symfony 2.8 to 3.4
- 9 Best Features of Symfony
- Benefits of Using Symfony in the Development of a Web Application for Your Business
- Dockerizar tu aplicación Symfony
- Darkmira encourage la contribution à Symfony
- ID de Sessão Configurável no Symfony 4.3
Upcoming Symfony Events
- Symfony User Group Osnabrück: Osnabrück, Germany (March 14)
- Symfony Meetup II / 2019: Frankfurt, Germany (March 19)
- Treffen der Symfony User Group Hamburg: Hamburg, Germany (April 2)
- Symfony User Group Nürnberg: Nürnberg, Germany (April 8)
- 8. PHP Symfony User Group Basel: Basel, Switzerland (May 16)
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Follow Symfony on Medium and clap for this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.